Wednesday 1 March 2017

Final product reflection

After just finishing my thriller opening sequence, I have decided to write a reflection post regarding the filming and editing process, as well as my thoughts on my final piece.
We began the process slightly behind, as our date for filming was set beyond other groups, because we needed the entirety of our group on set to film. As a result of this, we worked harder to catch up and meet deadlines. The speed of our work is something I felt went surprisingly well, considering all the given factors against us.
The editing process as a whole felt relatively easy. For techniques that I struggled to apply, my other two group members took control and used there editing experience to help.
The filming process came fairly easy to me because I have experience on sets in the past doing "extra" work. I took on the role of directing the majority of the time, because I had completed the script and plot for the film, and felt I understood each step best. Connor took control of camerawork, which he excelled at due to his photography skills and course. Jordan assisted the two of us well, helped actors and also acted .

Overall, I am pleased with our final piece. It has the required length, as well as the conventions and techniques needed to fit into the thriller genre. Specifically, I think that the combination of the fast pace editing to synchronise with the beat of the soundtrack is something that works very effectively. I look forward to the evaluation and its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment